Care Assistant (Weekends) Melksham
So much more than just a job.
Be part of a caring company and make a real difference to peoples lives.
Care Assistant (Weekends) Melksham
Autonomy Care, Melksham (Wiltshire)
Domiciliary / Home Care - LD
£10.10 - £10.80 per hour
Part time, 16 hours per week
Prefer to send us a paper application?
You can apply for this position online by clicking the APPLY NOW button. If you would prefer to download and complete a paper version, simply print and complete the PDF version provided here.
Please return your completed application form to: Autonomy Care Group, 67 Roundpond, Melksham, Wiltshire SN12 8EB.
Do you have a caring nature? Do you want to enable individuals to stay at home? If YES then WE NEED YOU!!
Immediate contracts available at Autonomy Care:
- £10.10 - £10.80 an hour
- Full time, part-time and bank care assistant roles available, let us know how many hours you are looking for and we can try our best to accommodate
- Domiciliary care position (18+ applicants only)
- Saturday and Sunday - 7.00am to 8.00pm £10.10 an hour
- Saturday and Sunday - 8.00pm to 10.00pm £10.80 an hour
Our commitment to you:
- 24 hour confidential employee advice line
- Employee of the month awards
- Overtime paid
- Employee referral scheme (Earn up to £300 )
- Paid business mileage
- Bank Holidays: enhancements paid
- Auto enrolment pension
- Great work/life balance
- No pay differentials for under 23’s
- QCF (NVQ) Level 2, 3 available (fully funded)
- Ongoing training and development
- Holiday top-up payments made for regular overtime (T’s & C’s apply)
- Care Certificate (for those with no previous care experience or qualifications)
We asked our service users what they like about the people that support them, they didn’t mention qualifications, they said they like kind, caring and happy people.
If you have the right attitude and values we will provide you with the training and development you need to be confident and competent in your role.
We are looking for people who:
- Are caring and respectful and will assist the people we support to have a high quality of life and make their own decisions
- Are flexible and adaptable who want to go the extra mile; making a positive difference to Service User lives
- Are enthusiastic with excellent communication skills committed to developing positive working relationships
About the Role:
Due to the nature of this role holding a valid driving licence with access to transport is essential.
We have support worker opportunities and cover Melksham, Bradford on Avon, Calne, Chippenham, Devizes, Trowbridge, Warminster and Westbury. You will need to travel to each service user during your shift and business mileage will be paid.
Your role will vary from supporting adults and young people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities, dementia and other mental health conditions, to providing domiciliary care. You will be making a difference to peoples lives, allowing them to remain independent at home.
A day in the life of a Care Assistant:
- Everyday tasks such as shopping, sitting services and light housework to encourage self-help skills
- Creating fun and engaging activities
- Assisting with cooking and support in the kitchen
- Assisting with fantastic days out with our service users
- Assisting with personal care with our service users
- Completing relevant documentation for the service user(s) you support
- Personal, practical, social and domestic support
- Completing relevant documentation
You will be trained in specialist behaviour management strategies giving you the confidence and skills to manage behaviours that challenge in a safe and dignified manner.
We are committed to the safety and well-being of the individuals who use our services and promote safer recruitment practices.
We are following the Government’s Guidelines to ensure the safety of our service users and our staff to limit the spread of infection across our Autonomy Care services.
At this time, we have ensured small bubbles/teams of staff going into our service users homes, and ensured set routes in place to reduce potential spread as much as possible.
We are committed in all aspects of safety for our team and service users, to reassure everyone that we always have full PPE supplies for all our services. Our early adoption of the vaccine means as a key worker you will have access to an early vaccination, alongside weekly tests, known as PCR testing, for every day you work in one of our services.