So much more than just a job.
Be part of a caring company and make a real difference to peoples lives.
Autonomy Plus Limited - Chippenham
£10.60 per hour
24 hours per week
Prefer to send us a paper application?
You can apply for this position online by clicking the APPLY NOW button. If you would prefer to download and complete a paper version, simply print and complete the PDF version provided here.
Please return your completed application form to: Autonomy Care Group, 67 Roundpond, Melksham, Wiltshire SN12 8EB.
We do not currently hold a sponsorship licence and are unfortunately unable to accept applicants seeking supplementary employment.
This position is for 24 hours per week based at our Children's Home in Lacock.
You will deliver a professional, high quality service to ensure the environment of our residential care homes and the grounds are welcoming and comfortable.
You will ensure the highest standard of maintenance and health and safety without compromising the safety of the users of our services, employee’s and visitors.
You will carry out practical maintenance jobs including but not limited to:
- Painting and wall repairs
- Basic plumbing, unblocking, fixing leaks, replacing taps/ sinks/ toilets
- Basic carpentry, such as doors, headboards
- Basic electrics such as isolating and replacing like for like items
- General maintenance tasks
- General gardening tasks
You will be responsible for completing relevant documentation always ensuring compliance with guidance, statutory regulation and company policies and procedures.
Haresfield is a specialist residential home for young people aged eight to eighteen, with learning disabilities, complex needs, and behaviours that may challenge. Based in the Wiltshire countryside near Chippenham, Haresfield has five en-suite bedrooms suitable for any gender. Individual needs are at the centre of our practice, and we listen and respond to the individual’s voice when planning their care. Achieving positive outcomes is paramount to us.
We are looking for people who:
- Are caring and respectful who will enable the people we support to have a pleasant environment to live in
- Are enthusiastic with excellent communication skills committed to developing positive working relationships
- Hold a valid driving licence and have access to a vehicle
- Have excellent DIY skills with experience in carpentry, plumbing, electrics, painting and decorating, general building maintenance tasks, gardening
- Share our values of protecting dignity, promoting wellbeing and working in a person-centred manner at all times
How to Apply
Please click the ‘apply now’ button or call Head Office on 01225 613020 for an informal discussion / application form.
Equal Opportunities Statement
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their sex; religious or similar philosophical belief; political opinion; race; age; sexual orientation; or, whether they are married or are in a civil partnership; or, whether they are disabled; or whether they have undergone, are undergoing or intend to undergo gender reassignment.
We are committed to the safety and well-being of the individuals who use our services and promote safer recruitment practices.
If you do not disclose something in your application that could prevent you working with children or vulnerable adults this could result in you being referred to the police and/or DBS as it is a criminal offence for any person who is barred from working with children and/or vulnerable adults to apply for a role in a regulated activity.
If you have made a declaration in relation to a conviction that does not threaten the safety of the vulnerable people we support we will consider your application and explore further during the recruitment process.