So much more than just a job.
Be part of a caring company and make a real difference to peoples lives.
Head Office, Melksham
Supporting services with PBS Training
Salary up to £42, 300
40 hours per week
Prefer to send us a paper application?
You can apply for this position online by clicking the APPLY NOW button. If you would prefer to download and complete a paper version, simply print and complete the PDF version provided here.
Please return your completed application form to: Autonomy Care Group, 67 Roundpond, Melksham, Wiltshire SN12 8EB.
Autonomy Care Group provides residential and community support for adults, children and young people with learning disabilities and complex needs.
Established for over 20 years, we have services in Wiltshire and Worcestershire and are expanding into Somerset opening an adult residential service in 2024.
As part of our exciting expansion plans, we are recruiting a PBS Manager to join our friendly and professional team you will be based at our head office in Melksham, Wiltshire however you will be supporting services so access to a vehicle and willingness to drive is essential.
Join us and you can expect
- Salary up to £42,300
- 6 weeks annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Long service awards
- Access to blue light card discounts
- Full Time Mental Health First Aiders who are there for you when you need them
- 24-hour confidential employee advice line
40 hours per week
Training and Development
Commitment to your continued professional development
Main duties of the job:
- The post holder will be responsible for the development, delivery, and evaluation of a high-quality training packages (to include mandatory training) to the staff teams and, supporting the implementation of PBS in line with evidence based and best practice
- Assist Registered Managers in assessing and matching of prospective new service users.
Provide PBS support during transition and move in periods of new services users
- Provide ongoing supervision to service managers and teams around PBS
To assist Registered Managers with the formulation of risk assessments / support plans and mental capacity assessments
- Engage in local and national PBS forums to continually improve practice and engage in own research as part of their continued professional improvement
- Complete task needs assessment /analysis for further training in PBS across the group
- Providing hands on support in times of crisis
- Undertaking functional assessments implementing intervention strategies using PBS principles
- Developing and leading on care practice improvement initiatives
- Develop a high-quality PBS plan template alongside colleagues and support its implementation across our services
- To be responsible for evaluating the success of projects and sharing findings across the group
- To maintain the groups training portfolio and access additional training commensurate with the service user and groups needs
- Deliver mandatory training across the group
- To provide input for multi-disciplinary meetings, ensuring relevant data is shared, from a PBS perspective
- Maintenance of positive working relationships and liaison with other departments, agencies and bodies both internal and external to the group is critical to the successful application of this role
You will have
- Degree level professional qualification in nursing (Mental Health / LD preferred), Allied Health Professional, Social Work or Therapist
- Degree or equivalent qualification in sphere of professional practice
- Evidence of post-graduate qualification, experience of working in or working towards a learning disability field or equivalent
- Evidence of ongoing post registration training (CPD)
- Evidence of Professional updating and development in the delivery services to people with learning disabilities with behavioural of concern
- Nursing PIN / or equivalent regulated registration
- To hold a PTTALS / Level 3 Teaching and Education or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years post registration experience
- A desirable attribute would be a qualification or further training in
- Positive Behavioural Support, BILD
- Drivers Licence and access to own vehicle
We are looking for people who:
- Are Flexible and adaptable will to go the extra mile to make a positive difference to someone’s life
- Are Enthusiastic with excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Is committed to developing positive working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Understand the legal frameworks relevant to the role
How to Apply
Please click the ‘apply now’ button or call Hazel on 01225 613020 for an informal discussion / application form.
Equal Opportunities Statement
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their sex; religious or similar philosophical belief; political opinion; race; age; sexual orientation; or, whether they are married or are in a civil partnership; or, whether they are disabled; or whether they have undergone, are undergoing or intend to undergo gender reassignment.
We are committed to the safety and well-being of the individuals who use our services and promote safer recruitment practices.
If you do not disclose something in your application that could prevent you working with children or vulnerable adults this could result in you being referred to the police and/or DBS as it is a criminal offence for any person who is barred from working with children and/or vulnerable adults to apply for a role in a regulated activity.
If you have made a declaration in relation to a conviction that does not threaten the safety of the vulnerable people we support we will consider your application and explore further during the recruitment process.