Residential Support Worker (Bank)
So much more than just a job.
Be part of a caring company and make a real difference to peoples lives.
Residential Support Worker (Bank)
Autonomy Life, The Oaks, Malvern
Adult Residential Care - LD
£9.10 – £9.25 an hour
Part time & full time bank positions available
Prefer to send us a paper application?
You can apply for this position online by clicking the APPLY NOW button. If you would prefer to download and complete a paper version, simply print and complete the PDF version provided here.
Please return your completed application form to: Autonomy Care Group, 67 Roundpond, Melksham, Wiltshire SN12 8EB.
Immediate starts available at The Oaks
- £9.10 - £9.25 an hour
- Bank positions available - please let us know how many hours you are looking for and we can try our best to accommodate you
- Support Worker shift patterns include 7am-3pm, 2pm-10pm, 10am-6pm
Our commitment to you
- 24 hour confidential employee advice line
- Holiday top-up payments made for regular overtime (T's & C's apply)
- Overtime paid
- Bank Holidays: Time-and-a-half
- Auto enrolment pension
- Great work/life balance with fixed shifts
- No pay differentials for under 23’s
- Holiday pay
- QCF (NVQ) Level 2, 3 & 4 available (fully funded, T’s&C’s apply)
- Ongoing training and development
- Care Certificate (for those with no previous care experience or qualifications)
About the Role
The Oaks is a residential home for adults who have learning disabilities and complex needs, including behaviours that may challenge, autism and other associated issues. The main home has accommodation for up to 6 people.
A day in the life of a support worker:
- Socialising with our residents and creating fun and engaging activities and home events
- Cooking and support in the kitchen during meal times including a free meal for you
- Assisting with fantastic days out with our residents
- Assisting with personal care with residents when required
- Complete relevant documentation for the residents you support
We asked our residents what they like about the about the people that support them, they didn’t mention qualifications, they said they like kind, caring and happy people.
If you have the right attitude and values we will provide you with the training and development you need to be confident and competent in your role.
We are looking for people who:
- Are caring and respectful who will enable the people we support to have a high quality of life and make their own decisions
- Are flexible and adaptable who want to go the extra mile if it means making a positive difference to Service User lives
- Are enthusiastic with excellent communication skills committed to developing positive working relationships
It is an expectation that all staff are to have had or be part of the Covid- 19 vaccination process unless they can provide an exemption reason.
We are committed in all aspects of safety for our team and service users, to reassure everyone that we always have full PPE supplies.
Our early adoption of the vaccine means as a key worker you will have access to an early vaccination, alongside weekly tests, known as PCR testing, whilst working at The Oaks.
New to Care?
Try the interactive video challenge link below ‘A Question of Care: a Career for YOU’ to see what a career in care is like. At the end you'll receive a detailed personal profile that tells you if you’ve got what it takes to join us!
How to Apply
Please click the ‘apply now’ button or call Adina on 01684 572079 for an informal discussion / application form.
We are committed to the safety and well-being of the individuals who use our services and promote safer recruitment practices.