Residential Support Worker (Bank)
So much more than just a job.
Be part of a caring company and make a real difference to peoples lives.
Residential Support Worker (Bank)
Autonomy Life, The Oaks, Malvern
Adult Residential Care - LD
£9.70 - £14.78 per hour
Part time & full time bank positions available
Prefer to send us a paper application?
You can apply for this position online by clicking the APPLY NOW button. If you would prefer to download and complete a paper version, simply print and complete the PDF version provided here.
Please return your completed application form to: Autonomy Care Group, 67 Roundpond, Melksham, Wiltshire SN12 8EB.
"The staff who work there are incredible and professional in everything they do. The home is well looked after and each service users needs are individually met. " – Support Worker
Immediate starts available at The Oaks
- Full time and Part Time contracts available with guaranteed hours
- £9.70 - £14.78 per hour
- Entry Level £9.70
- QCF Level 2 £9.85
- Bank Holiday £14.55- £14.78 per hour- please let us know how many hours you are looking for and we can try our best to accommodate you
Our commitment to you
- Supportive Management team
- Supportive buddy system for new starters
- Funded apprenticeships and diplomas
- Accredited Positive Behaviour Support Training
- Paid break
- Long service awards
- Training and development
- Receive up to £300 for Employee Referrals
- Employee of the month awards
- One homemade cooked meal per shift
- Auto Enrolment Pension
- 24 hour confidential employee advice line
- Access to blue light card discounts
- Covid safety procedures in place
About the Role
The Oaks is a residential home for adults who have learning disabilities and complex needs, including behaviours that may challenge, autism and other associated issues. The main home has accommodation for up to 6 people.
We asked our residents what they like about the about the people that support them, they didn’t mention qualifications, they said they like kind, caring and happy people.
If you have the right attitude and values we will provide you with the training and development you need to be confident and competent in your role.
We are looking for people who:
- Are caring and respectful who will enable the people we support to have a high quality of life and make their own decisions
- Are flexible and adaptable who want to go the extra mile if it means making a positive difference to Service User lives
- Are enthusiastic with excellent communication skills committed to developing positive working relationships
We are committed in all aspects of safety for our team and service users, to reassure everyone that we always have full PPE supplies.
Our staff no longer use PCR tests but they are currently required to complete daily LFT tests which are provided by the home.
New to Care?
Try the interactive video challenge link below ‘A Question of Care: a Career for YOU’ to see what a career in care is like. At the end you'll receive a detailed personal profile that tells you if you’ve got what it takes to join us!
- Day Time shifts: 7am – 3pm & 2pm – 10pm
- Night Time shifts: 8pm - 8am
- Socialising with our residents and creating fun and engaging activities and home events
- Cooking and support in the kitchen during meal times including a free meal for you
- Assisting with fantastic days out with our residents
- Assisting with personal care with residents when required·
- Complete relevant documentation for the residents you support·
- Undertake cleaning duties in accordance with the home’s standards and expectations·
- Administer medication to service users·
- Attending meetings and undertaking training as required
How to Apply
Please click the ‘apply now’ button or call Adina or Claire on 01684 572079 for an informal discussion / application form.
We are committed to the safety and well-being of the individuals who use our services and promote safer recruitment practices.