Senior Residential Child Care Worker
So much more than just a job.
Be part of a caring company and make a real difference to peoples lives.
Senior Residential Child Care Worker
Haresfield, Lacock Wiltshire
Children and Young People Residential Care – LD
£9.10 - £13.88 per hour
Full time & part time contracts available
Prefer to send us a paper application?
You can apply for this position online by clicking the APPLY NOW button. If you would prefer to download and complete a paper version, simply print and complete the PDF version provided here.
Please return your completed application form to: Autonomy Care Group, 67 Roundpond, Melksham, Wiltshire SN12 8EB.
We follow a holistic approach in supporting those who live at Haresfield and promote access to a wide range of recreational and leisure activities and nutritious food. We also seek to promote and maximise each person’s strengths as well as considering their needs. We provide a homely environment where our young people can grow and flourish as they are prepared for life beyond Haresfield and the transition into adult services.
You will be a positive role model committed to the individual needs of the young people we support which can include personal, practical, social and domestic support.
You will be responsible for completing relevant documentation for the people being supported ensuring compliance with guidance, statutory regulation and company policies and procedures.
Our commitment to you
- Guaranteed contracted hours
- £9.10 - £13.88 per hour
- Entry Level £9.10
- QCF Level 3 £9.25
- Bank Holiday £13.65 - £13.88 per hour
- Great work/life balance
- Supportive Management team
- Funded apprenticeships and diplomas
- Accredited Positive Behaviour Support Training
- Receive up to £300 for Employee Referrals
- Employee of the month awards
- Auto Enrolment Pension
- 24 hour confidential employee advice line
- Full time and Part Time contracts available with guaranteed hours
- Day shifts term time weekdays 7am - 11am
- Day shifts school holidays and weekends 7am - 2.30pm
- Socialising with our young people and creating fun and engaging activities and home events
- Cooking and support in the kitchen during meal times
- Assisting with fantastic days out with our young people
- Assisting with personal care
- Complete relevant documentation
We are following the Government’s Guidelines to ensure the safety of our young people and the team who support, to limit the spread of infection in our children’s homes.
We are committed in all aspects of safety for our team and young people, to reassure everyone that we always have full PPE supplies for all our services.
Our early adoption of the vaccine means as a key worker you will have access to an early vaccination, alongside weekly tests, known as PCR testing, whilst working in one of our homes.
We asked our Service Users what they like about the about the people that support them, they didn’t mention qualifications, they said they like kind, caring and happy people.
If you have the right attitude and values we will provide you with the training and development you need to be confident and competent in your role.
We are looking for people who:
- Qualified with NVQ Level 3 Children and residential
- Are caring and respectful enabling the young people we support to learn and grow
- Are flexible and adaptable who want to go the extra mile if it means making a positive difference to young peoples lives
- Are enthusiastic with excellent communication skills committed to developing positive working relationships
- Hold a valid driving license - essential
Due to regulatory requirements we are unable to accept applications from people under the age of 22. (This Role is exempt under the Equalities Act 2010, Schedule 9 part 1)
Training is tailored around the needs of the young people in our care and this high quality training enhances the support packages we offer. All staff undertake accredited Positive Behaviour Support training.
You will be joining a growing team of kind, caring, happy and dedicated like minded people who all share the same values. In return for your commitment we will provide you with the training and development you need to be confident and competent in your role. We also offer competitive rates of pay, including pay enhancements for bank holidays, an auto enrolment pension, long service awards, confidential employee advice line, family friendly policies and continued support and mentoring from your management team.
We are committed to the safety and well-being of the individuals who use our services and promote safer recruitment practices.