Support Worker (Waking Nights)
So much more than just a job.
Be part of a caring company and make a real difference to peoples lives.
Support Worker (Waking Nights)
The Willows, Warminster
Adult Residential Care - LD
£9.10 - £9.25 an hour
30 hours available per week
Prefer to send us a paper application?
You can apply for this position online by clicking the APPLY NOW button. If you would prefer to download and complete a paper version, simply print and complete the PDF version provided here.
Please return your completed application form to: Autonomy Care Group, 67 Roundpond, Melksham, Wiltshire SN12 8EB.
Do you have experience with caring for a loved one and would consider a career in care that’s local to you?
Immediate contracts available at The Willows
- £9.10 - £9.25 an hour
- Waking nights full time – 30 hours a week (3 nights per week)
About the Role
The Willows is a residential home for adults who have learning disabilities and complex needs, including behaviours that may challenge, autism and other associated issues. The main home has accommodation for up to 10 people.
Waking night roles and responsibilities
- Socialising with our residents and giving emotional support when needed
- Assisting with personal care with residents when required
- Complete relevant documentation for the residents you support
- Undertake cleaning duties in accordance with the home’s standards and expectations
- Administer medication to service users
- Attending meetings and undertaking training as required
- Night checks following the individual person centred plan
- Attending wake night meetings and completing all mandatory training
New to Care?
Try the interactive video challenge link below ‘A Question of Care: a Career for YOU’ to see what a career in care is like. At the end you'll receive a detailed personal profile that tells you if you’ve got what it takes to join us!
Our commitment to you
- 24 hour confidential employee advice line
- Bank Holidays: Time-and-a-half
- Auto enrolment pension
- Great work/life balance with fixed shifts
- No pay differentials for under 25’s
- Holiday pay
- QCF (NVQ) Level 2, 3 & 4 available (fully funded)
- Ongoing training and development
- Care Certificate (for those with no previous care experience or qualifications)
We asked our residents what they like about the about the people that support them, they didn’t mention qualifications, they said they like kind, caring and happy people.
If you have the right attitude and values we will provide you with the training and development you need to be confident and competent in your role.
We are looking for people who:
- Are caring and respectful who will enable the people we support to have a high quality of life and make their own decisions
- Are flexible and adaptable who want to go the extra mile if it means making a positive difference to Service User lives
- Are enthusiastic with excellent communication skills committed to developing positive working relationships
We are committed in all aspects of safety for our team and service users, to reassure everyone that we always have full PPE supplies.
Our early adoption of the vaccine means as a key worker you will have access to an early vaccination, alongside weekly tests, known as PCR testing, whilst working at The Willows or Willow View.
How to Apply
Please click the ‘apply now’ button or call Sharon or Lynette on 01985 215757for an informal discussion / application form.
We are committed to the safety and well-being of the individuals who use our services and promote safer recruitment practices.