Female Residential Support Worker
So much more than just a job.
Be part of a caring company and make a real difference to peoples lives.
Female Residential Support Worker
The Willows, Warminster
Adult Residential Care - LD
£10.75 - £10.90 an hour
Full time and part time available
Prefer to send us a paper application?
You can apply for this position online by clicking the APPLY NOW button. If you would prefer to download and complete a paper version, simply print and complete the PDF version provided here.
Please return your completed application form to: Autonomy Care Group, 67 Roundpond, Melksham, Wiltshire SN12 8EB.
The Willows is a residential home for adults who have learning disabilities and complex needs, including behaviours that may challenge. The main home has accommodation for up to 10 people.
Willow View is a lovely, peaceful bungalow a short distance from the main home. You may be required to work at both homes
Join us and you can expect
- Starting from (new to care) £10.75 per hour
- Level 2 qualified £10.90
- Bank Holiday pay (Time and a half)
- Holiday top-up payments made for regular overtime (T&C's)
- Paid break
- One homemade cooked meal per shift
- Female Support Worker required This Role is exempt under the Equalities Act 2010, Schedule 9 part 1
- For candidates seeking sponsorship, unfortunately we do not currently hold a sponsorship licence
- Welcome Bonus £300 (Full T&C's can be found here)
- Receive up to £300 for Employee Referrals
- Employee of the month awards
- Long service awards
- Access to blue light card discounts
- Full Time Mental Health First Aiders who are there for you when you need them
- 24-hour confidential employee advice line
Training and Development
- Funded apprenticeships and diplomas
- Accredited Positive Behaviour Management Training
- Mandatory Training Provided
- Socialising with our residents and giving emotional support when needed
- Assisting with personal care with residents when required
- Complete relevant documentation for the residents you support
- Undertake cleaning duties in accordance with the home’s standards and expectations
- Administer medication to service users
- Attending meetings and undertaking training as required
- 8am – 8pm, 7am - 7pm and 9.30am - 9.30pm
- Working alternate weekends is essential
- Live within a 20-mile radius of Warminster
We are looking for people who are:
- Caring and respectful enabling the people we support to have a high quality of life and make their own decisions
- Flexible and adaptable will to go the extra mile to make a positive difference to someone’s life
- Enthusiastic with excellent communication skills committed to developing positive working relationships
New to Care?
Try the interactive video challenge link below ‘A Question of Care: a Career for YOU’ to see what a career in care is like. At the end you'll receive a detailed personal profile that tells you if you’ve got what it takes to join us!
How to Apply
Please click the ‘apply now’ button or call Paul or Saskia on 01985 215757 for an informal discussion / application form.
Equal Opportunities Statement
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their sex; religious or similar philosophical belief; political opinion; race; age; sexual orientation; or, whether they are married or are in a civil partnership; or, whether they are disabled; or whether they have undergone, are undergoing or intend to undergo gender reassignment.
We are committed to the safety and well-being of the individuals who use our services and promote safer recruitment practices.
If you do not disclose something in your application that could prevent you working with children or vulnerable adults this could result in you being referred to the police and/or DBS as it is a criminal offence for any person who is barred from working with children and/or vulnerable adults to apply for a role in a regulated activity.
If you have made a declaration in relation to a conviction that does not threaten the safety of the vulnerable people we support we will consider your application and explore further during the recruitment process.