Senior Care Assistant / Team Leader
So much more than just a job.
Be part of a caring company and make a real difference to peoples lives.
Senior Care Assistant / Team Leader
The Willows, Warminster
Adult Residential Care - LD
£10.55 - £11.50 per hour
Full time 36 hours per week
Prefer to send us a paper application?
You can apply for this position online by clicking the APPLY NOW button. If you would prefer to download and complete a paper version, simply print and complete the PDF version provided here.
Please return your completed application form to: Autonomy Care Group, 67 Roundpond, Melksham, Wiltshire SN12 8EB.
The Willows is a residential home for adults who have learning disabilities and complex needs, including behaviours that may challenge, autism and other associated issues. The main home has accommodation for up to 10 people.
We are currently looking to appoint a Team Leader for our residential care home. The role involves supporting the management team to run the home according to standards and legislation; running shifts, developing care plans outlining what care and support individuals need, inducting new staff and supervisions.
We are recruiting a Team Leader for our Care Home in Warminster.
We are looking for people who are:
- Caring and respectful enabling the people we support to have a high quality of life and make their own decisions
- Flexible and adaptable will to go the extra mile if it means making a positive difference to someones life
- Enthusiastic with excellent communication skills committed to developing positive working relationships
- Living within a 20 mile radius of Warminster (Essential)
Our commitment to you
- Full time position available 36 hours per week
- £10.55 per hour Working towards QCF level 3 (or equivalent)
- £11.15 per hour - QCF level 3 (or equivalent) and minimum 2 years experience
- £11.50 per hour - Level 2 Certificate in Team Leading (or accredited equivalent qualification eg QCF 4 in health and social care)
- Bank Holiday £15.80- £17.25 per hour
- Receive up to £300 for Employee Referrals
- Supportive Management team
- Full Time Mental Health First Aiders who are there for you when you need them
- Funded apprenticeships and diplomas
- Supportive buddy system for new starters
- Accredited Positive Behaviour Support Training
- Paid break
- Long service awards
- Training and development
- Employee of the month awards
- One homemade cooked meal per shift
- Auto Enrolment Pension
- 24 hour confidential employee advice line
- Access to blue light card discounts
- Covid safety procedures in place
About the position
- Day time shifts: 8am – 8 pm
- Socialising with our residents and creating fun and engaging activities and home events
- Cooking and support in the kitchen during meal times including a free meal for you
- Assisting with fantastic days out with our residents
- Assisting with personal care with residents when required
- Complete relevant documentation for the residents you support
- Undertake cleaning duties in accordance with the home’s standards and expectations·
- Administer medication to service users·
- Attending meetings and undertaking training as required
Key Skills Required:
- NVQ/QCF Level 2 in Health and Social Care
- NVQ/QCF level 3 in Health and Social Care to be achieved,
- demonstrable understanding of the legislative requirements around care of vulnerable people,
- MCA and DOLS understanding of the requirements
- strong numeracy, literacy and computer skills,
- broad knowledge of Learning Disabilities and other related conditions
- participating in on call essential
If you are looking for a rewarding career where you will make a real difference to someone’s life click apply.
How to Apply
Call Sharon or Lynette on 01985 215757 for an informal discussion / application form.
We are following the Government’s Guidelines to ensure the safety of our service users and our staff to limit the spread of infection across our Autonomy Life service, at The Willows and Willow View.
We are committed in all aspects of safety for our team and service users, to reassure everyone that we always have full PPE supplies.
We don’t do weekly PCR tests anymore, but our staff do a lateral flow test before their shift and record on the NHS app.
Equal Opportunities Statement
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their sex; religious or similar philosophical belief; political opinion; race; age; sexual orientation; or, whether they are married or are in a civil partnership; or, whether they are disabled; or whether they have undergone, are undergoing or intend to undergo gender reassignment.
We are committed to the safety and well-being of the individuals who use our services and promote safer recruitment practices.
If you do not disclose something in your application that could prevent you working with children or vulnerable adults this could result in you being referred to the police and/or DBS as it is a criminal offence for any person who is barred from working with children and/or vulnerable adults to apply for a role in a regulated activity.
If you have made a declaration in relation to a conviction that does not threaten the safety of the vulnerable people we support we will consider your application and explore further during the recruitment process.