Waking Night (Residential Care)
So much more than just a job.
Be part of a caring company and make a real difference to peoples lives.
Waking Night (Residential Care)
The Oaks, Malvern
Adult Residential Care - LD
£9.10 - £13.88
35 Hours per week
Prefer to send us a paper application?
You can apply for this position online by clicking the APPLY NOW button. If you would prefer to download and complete a paper version, simply print and complete the PDF version provided here.
Please return your completed application form to: Autonomy Care Group, 67 Roundpond, Melksham, Wiltshire SN12 8EB.
Do you have experience with caring for a loved one and would consider a career in care that’s local to you?
Immediate contracts available at The Oaks:
- Rate per hour: £9.10 - £9.25
- Up to £13.88 an hour on bank holidays
- Shift pattern times: 9.45pm-7.45am
- Contract hours: 35 hours per week
Week 1 : Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
Week 2 : Monday, Tuesday and Friday
Our commitment to you
- 24 hour confidential employee stress adviceline
- Overtime paid
- Bank Holidays: Time-and-a-half
- Auto enrolment pension
- Great work/life balance with fixed shifts
- No pay differentials for under 25’s
- Holiday pay
- QCF (NVQ) Level 2, 3 & 4 available (fully funded)
- Ongoing training and development
- Care Certificate (for those with no previous care experience or qualifications)
- Holiday top-up payments made for regular overtime (T's and C's apply)
About the Role
The Oaks is a residential home for adults who have learning disabilities and complex needs, including behaviours that may challenge, autism and other associated issues. The main home has accommodation for up to 6 people.
A day in the life of a support worker:
- Socialising with our residents and creating fun and engaging activities and home events
- Cooking and support in the kitchen during meal times including a free meal for you
- Assisting with personal care with residents when required
- Complete relevant documentation for the residents you support
- Undertake cleaning duties in accordance with the home’s standards and expectations
- Administer medication to service users
- Attending meetings and undertaking training as required
- Completing hourly welfare checks of service users during the night
We asked our residents what they like about the about the people that support them, they didn’t mention qualifications, they said they like kind, caring and happy people.
If you have the right attitude and values we will provide you with the training and development you need to be confident and competent in your role.
We are looking for people who:
- Are caring and respectful who will enable the people we support to have a high quality of life and make their own decisions
- Are flexible and adaptable who want to go the extra mile if it means making a positive difference to Service User lives
- Are enthusiastic with excellent communication skills committed to developing positive working relationships
How to Apply
Click on the 'apply now button,' print the PDF application form or call Adina or Claire on 01684 572079 for an informal discussion about the role.
We are committed to the safety and well-being of the individuals who use our services and promote safer recruitment practices.
We are following the Government’s Guidelines to ensure the safety of our service users and our staff to limit the spread of infection across our Autonomy Life service, at The Oaks.
We are committed in all aspects of safety for our team and service users, to reassure everyone that we always have full PPE supplies.
At the Oaks we use weekly COVID tests, known as PCR testing.
It is an expectation that all staff are to have had or be part of the Covid- 19 vaccination process unless they can provide an exemption reason.