Support Worker (Challenging Behaviour)
So much more than just a job.
Be part of a caring company and make a real difference to peoples lives.
Support Worker (Challenging Behaviour)
Autonomy Care, Wiltshire
£10.30 – £11.90 per hour
Full time, part-time
Prefer to send us a paper application?
You can apply for this position online by clicking the APPLY NOW button. If you would prefer to download and complete a paper version, simply print and complete the PDF version provided here.
Please return your completed application form to: Autonomy Care Group, 67 Roundpond, Melksham, Wiltshire SN12 8EB.
Autonomy Care Limited provides individualised care and support to young people and adults, enabling them to remain in their own home and engage within the community, enhancing their quality of life.
We are following the Government’s Guidelines to ensure the safety of our service users and our staff to limit the spread of infection across our Autonomy Care services.
At this time, we have ensured small bubbles/teams of staff going into our service users homes have set routes in place, to reduce potential spread as much as possible.
We are committed in all aspects of safety for our team and service users, to reassure everyone that we always have full PPE supplies for all our services.
Our early adoption of the vaccine means as a key worker you will have access to an early vaccination, alongside weekly tests, known as PCR testing, whilst working in one of our services.
Immediate contracts available at Autonomy Care
- £10.30 - £11.90 an hour
- Full time, part-time
Are you an experienced carer looking to improve someone’s life with on-the-job training to help you build your skills and qualifications?
Due to the nature of this role holding a valid driving licence with access to transport is essential.
We have support worker opportunities and cover Melksham, Bradford on Avon, Calne, Chippenham, Devizes, Trowbridge, Warminster and Westbury. You may need to travel to each service user during your shift and business mileage will be paid.
Your role will vary from supporting adults and young people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities and other mental health conditions. You will be making a difference to peoples lives, allowing them to remain independent at home. You will be trained in specialist behaviour management strategies giving you the confidence and skills to assist with behaviours that challenge in a safe and dignified manner.
New to Care?
Try the interactive video challenge link below ‘A Question of Care: a Career for YOU’ to see what a career in care is like. At the end you'll receive a detailed personal profile that tells you if you’ve got what it takes to join us!
Our commitment to you
- 24 hour confidential employee advice line
- Employee of the month awards
- Employee referral scheme (Earn up to £320+ plus the chance to earn bonuses)
- Bank Holidays: enhancements paid
- Auto enrolment pension
- Great work/life balance
- No pay differentials for under 23’s
- Holiday pay
- QCF (NVQ) Level 2, 3 available (fully funded)
- Ongoing training and development
- Care Certificate (for those with no previous care experience or qualifications)
A day in the life of a challenging behaviour support worker
- Everyday tasks such as shopping, sitting services and light housework to encourage self-help skills
- Creating fun and engaging activities
- Assisting with cooking and support in the kitchen
- Assisting with fantastic days out with our service users
- Assisting with personal care with our service users
- Completing relevant documentation for the service user(s) you support
If you have the right attitude and values we will provide you with the training and development you need to be confident and competent in your role.
We are looking for people who:
- Are caring and respectful who will assist with the people we support to have a high quality of life and make their own decisions
- Are flexible and adaptable who want to go the extra mile; making a positive difference to Service User lives
- Are enthusiastic with excellent communication skills committed to developing positive working relationships
How to Apply
Please click the ‘apply now’ button or Call Amanda on 01225 613010 for an informal discussion / application form.
We are committed to the safety and well-being of the individuals who use our services and promote safer recruitment practices.